My family, quilting, gardening,
woodworking and friends
are all things I might talk about

Behind My Picket Fence.....

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Lovely & Talented

That's right, the Lovely & Talented Tootsie has declared this to be FERTILIZER FRIDAY!! It's the day we wait for all week. Tootsie only has to stand there like Vanna White, wave her arm and show us everyone's flowers. Check her blog for more links/pictures:


This is one of my 2 clematis. I've had it for 4 or 5 years. I think he likes it here.


This is a close-up of above and the next picture is a close-up of my other clematis - which I thought was a different variety. Hmmm......Can you tell the difference?




Now these are some asiatic lilies. I love the rich red color that almost looks like satin & velvet.

Some little 'ol pansies. They volunteered to be in my garden.


This is alyssum which goes around this bed. I had 2 flats so that must be 72 plants? Who's got a calculator?

And old tree stump planted with something. Well, it looks like a lite purple bacopa but I don't think that's it. Creeping Jenny below it.

Below my deck. The ground cover is lamium (dead nettle). Blooms all summer even tho it doesn't show on here. A annabelle hydrangea in back.

It's the gailardia that's blooming. Nasturnium in front and hollyhock behind.

Meadow Sage. Not a good picture of it but a decent shot of the white obilisk I built with a birdhouse on top.


Coral Bells (pink) and asiatic lilies.


I love delphiniums. And I think they like it here too. They'd look even better if my dumb dog Baxter (who's almost perfect by the way) hadn't decided to tiptoe thru the tulips so to speak.


Purple petunias and I'm not sure what the orange ones are called. I think they are super-tunias. Maybe? And no, I did not take one of my good dining room chairs for this little project...

Orange impatiens. I love this wood planter with the bark on it. Found it a couple years ago at crazy daze when it was of course real cheap. You know me, Frugal Faye. :-)

I saved the best for last. I found this porcelain baby bathtub this spring at an antique store. (No, it wasn't CHEAP! OK????) I filled it with orange gerbera daiseys, purple verbena and Creeping Jenny. I can't wait for the Jenny to drape over the edge even more.

So that's it for this episode of Fertilizer Friday and I thank you Tootsie for inspiring us all to be kinder to our plants.
Hugs,
Faye

14 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Your flowers and plants are gorgeous. If we can keep some sun, mine might stop rotting away! I don't want to think of how many won't come back next year.

I have creeping Jenny in my perennial garden. She is a creep alright. She is taking over! And with the cool wet weather we have had, she loves it. I have to keep killing her off so she won't completely obliterate everything. It took a few years to get to this point but now, she is pretty agressive! You are wise to have it in containers!!

BTW, I love the tub! Great idea!!

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Your plants are wonderful!! My Mom had the green thumb. Mine? Well, it's a little brown around the edges. Love that tub...did you throw the baby out with the water?? LOL!!

Amelia said...

Cute tub! You are a better sista than I...it seems I'm late again for Fertilizer Friday...My stuff isn't looking so hot since we had a couple storms blow through. Most of it is either beat-up from the wind or drowned! :0( Your stuff looks fantastic! Have a good day!

~~Rhonda said...

Faye, I love the delphinium. Beautiful! And your containers are gorgeous. Lots of inspiration for me there! I have some old wash tubs in the garage that I want to pull out and plant with something. ~~Rhonda

Susannah said...

Hi Faye, What a beautiful display of coral bells. I love the delphinium, too. Your flowers are beautiful! We finally have some sun here...so flowers are looking better. Some of my flowers are not as tall as usual. No sun for the flowers to reach to, I guess. Fertilizer Friday has just turned into Fertilizer Saturday for me this week.

I enjoy your posts.

Susannah

Tootsie said...

you should watch out...I could be dressed in camouflage and show up in the cover of night to get that bathtub!!! girl...Your gardens are beautiful...as for me being Vanna ...lol I can only wish my body was that firm!!! hee hee
Thanks for linking in...I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

MissyM said...

It's all very beautiful. I love your delphenium.

Glimpse of My World said...

beautiful! I love it all... Creeping Jenny is pretty fickle to grow here in Texas!

donna said...

Well, I'd say the fertilizer is working because EVERYTHING is looking fabulous. I've never grown a delphenium but seeing yours makes me want to run out and get one. that baby bathtub is too, too cute. Nice sense of humor you have.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Welcome to blogging! You are going to love it! What a beautiful space you have. I love all the splashes of color all over!

Amy said...

Faye, thanks for sharing. I came over from Karen's blog to have a look and really enjoyed your pics. I'm married to a farmer, too, so I just laughed when I saw your description of yourself where you said since you're married to a farmer, it means you don't do much. I can sooo relate to that!! Have a great day!

Marie said...

Your flowers are beautiful and I love the different containers you used. We had a bathtub with clawfeet that we replaced when we did our bathroom--we should have saved it!
Love,
Marie

Holly said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! You certainly have the magic touch!!! I'm heading outside to pull up all the ugly ones that no longer warrent space in my yard! I always say I'm going to plant delphiniums, but then I forget...maybe this year!!! If you go on my blog you'll see my garden, vegetable that is! Keeps me pretty busy too!!! Happy sunny day!! Holly

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow! Your flowers are just gorgeous! You really have a green thumb! I love how you have everything displayed! Beautiful!

Have a great evening,
Tammy