My family, quilting, gardening,
woodworking and friends
are all things I might talk about

Behind My Picket Fence.....

Monday, August 24, 2009

I Tried to Be Nice……..Part II

JF has been doing quite a bit of embroidery on linen.  This is a darling little pincushion and below is a really, really great sampler.    DSC00478

 

DSC00477

 

 

 

 

 

‘Tis a time consuming deal.   Every 2 threads is a stitch.  Good light and a good magnifier are required!

This picture doesn’t even come close to doing justice to this piece.  This is a block of the month (I think) that JV has completed.  The flowers are 3-dimensional and have some bead work.  The colored frames around each flower are hand embroidered.  All done in wool and the workmanship is outstanding!  It’s beautiful JV!

DSC00479

DSC00480

Naturally, JM hand-appliqued this cutie. Say, I remember doing the quilting on that..

And THIS ONE ------------

DSC00481

It’s just amazing.  Made by JM a few years back but it is awesome.  It’s called “Scrap Soup”.  Guess that’s appropriate, huh?

 

 

 

DSC00484

And here’s the lovely Ms. Karen.  This was a punch needle pattern that she converted to a stitchery design.  I didn’t know you could do that!  You are so clever and talented Mrs. Farmhouse.

Hang in there, I’m almost done…..

3 comments:

Karen said...

A super Wow to all the quilts shown! A creative group.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

LOL - well SHE did convince you to start blogging didn't she?? I say post all you want. I loved all the show and tell and I'll enjoy whatever Karen decides to show as well. Next time I want to play!!

hugs, Linda

Tootsie said...

wow...that one with the black background is my favorite!!! you guys look like a great group of fun ladies...with a load of talent!