My family, quilting, gardening,
woodworking and friends
are all things I might talk about

Behind My Picket Fence.....

Monday, July 23, 2012

A big Thank You!

Good morning boys & girls – Just a really short note to add to yesterday’s story.  In the course of my (never stretch the truth – much) story, IF I made our local fire department appear in a negative light, it was unintentional.  I have a great amount of respect for them.  Many of the firemen come from several miles away and they drop whatever they are doing to help someone out.  They offer their time and they operate on a shoe-string budget.  Also, we as farmers know as well as anyone how equipment or machinery breaks down at the worst possible moment.  I sincerely thank everyone who came to help us out.

The only thing that was questionable about the whole event – was ME.  I shouldn’t have to look up the phone number for 911.  Perhaps I’ll write it on my hand from now on.

No comments: